Hot Chilli Con Carne
- 500g beef mince
- 200g can kidney beans, rinsed
- 200g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Dark Habanero Chilli Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 beef stock cube
- half a green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- small handful of coriander to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Place oil in a saucepan and fry the onions until translucent. Then, add the garlic and bell pepper and cook for a further minute.
Add the mince, beef stock cube, cumin, Dark Habanero Chilli Sauce and cinnamon to the saucepan and brown the meat. Once browned, add the tinned tomatoes, kidney beans and bay leaf. Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to very low, cover with the lid and cook for two hours. Season to taste.